Monday, January 25, 2010

Motley Crue Kick Starts My Heart.

(For Carly, For Olive)


My very own Detroit Rock City.
The only place to begin is directly at the beginning. Friday Night.

I hear Motley Crue's in town and not sold out so I think fuck yeah I'm going to Motley Crue. Done deal. Let's get this shit sorted out tonight. Get the tickets off craigslist, pick them up off some dude Friday night. The transaction was relatively smooth. I got killer seats at a killer price. Call little mamma Carly. Hasn't been out in like what? a year? Clear your calendar your first night out is Motley Fuckin' Crue. Could we be any more stoked? I lived, ate, breathed, thought Motley Crue for 2 days solid. Nikki Sixx and I in the same room? Get the fuck outta here. Stoked.

In the process, because we surround ourselves with only amazing people, we get two invites to free drinks. Hot Fire Becky Jacks at The Morrissey and Girls, Girls, Girls at The No. 5 Orange. What did I do to deserve the universe raining down on me? Drinks, Strippers and The Crue? On a Sunday? Hang on. Give a girl a minute. I'm gonna to need to dig out the red shoes for this one. Debauchery 101. Let me have it.

Carly ends up taking a million years to get her shit together. Which isn't a slight. As women we should all be allowed the proper amount of time to get ready. In addition Car's gotta pump milk, find her head, find her shoes, find her jacket, whatever it's a gong show. Love the girl. We leave a million years late. We gotta make a sacrifice. What'll it be?

Go to the Peeler Joint. Obviously. This is a Crue night. Respect.
Carly's brother is the gentlest giant you've ever met and offers me some food before it all gets out of hand. Knowing the consequences, I accept. In amazement and pure gratitude I lean in to Kurt and say, "I know this is your life but it's not often mine simultaneously includes grilled cheese sandwiches and strippers." Absolute joy.

Carly mingles and jingles the No. 5 rounding up an ex-stripper and her fiance who just spent 10 years in the clink. I couldn't make this shit up. The night falls perfectly into place. The way it should. Environmentally focused (read: i hate cabs.), we carpool to the show.

We know we've killed just enough time to miss Airbourne and The Joe Perry Project. Thankfully. Scan our tickets to hear "These are Returned Tickets. Step to the side please ma'am." Instantly I knew. Friday night my head smelled a rat. But I went ahead and bought the tickets because something else said it was gonna be alright. Sucker punched with a scam. I goddamn well knew it!

We got to the ticket master booth to find out the only thing I can do is purchase more tickets. My good deal is quickly turning into a shit deal. I'm not sussed. This night is meant to be had. 2 more tickets. The teller insists I take a photo copy of the fake tickets. I don't get the point but I take it anyway. Get passed the line up and we're in. The energy is mint. I don't care what this show cost me. I'm in. I don't care where I'm sitting... wait. It felt like it dawned on Carly and I at the exact same moment. I pull out the photocopy of the fake tickets and head right for the seats. My plan? No idea. But I want to see who's sitting in those mother fucking seats. I want to see if it's that fucker from Friday night. I'm gearing up to get ugly.

As soon as I hit the arena I hit the roof with calmness. It's not a problem. None of it. It's gonna be all good. The night is gonna rock the shit out of me. and I know it. Suddenly Carly is verbally slicing some guys throat open. As in her direct quote was "I will slit your throat!" We mildly argue with a couple who may or may not have been the original scam artists. But I spot 2 single seats. Let's rock Car. Leave this shit. I have no idea who's seats these are. And until someone shows up I'm not gonna worry. Suddenly 3 angels appear. The chillest dudes on earth let us watch the Crue 2 seats over from my scammed fake tickets. In the end - I paid a little more than necessary but I was right where I wanted to be. That doesn't have a price. Seriously.

We had some moments that I'm never going to remember. And some moments I'm too secretive to reveal. The pictures speak a thousand words. It was chaotic, sexy, serene, surreal and full of fire balls. Motley Crue took me to a whole new ethereal level. And if you've been there you get it, and if you haven't, man I wish you do.

Alls I can say is Take a ride on the wild side. ;)

No comments: